ASHA’s Advocacy Program
As the respected voice for the seniors housing industry, ASHA’s Government Affairs Team actively works to advance favorable policy positions in Congress. ASHA’s Government Affairs Team engages in efforts to educate Members of Congress about seniors housing on behalf of our owners/operations, resident and employees; as well as stands ready to influence key legislation that impacts our members such as immigration reform to address labor shortages, tax reform, long term care financing, health care delivery innovations in senior living communities, housing finance reform and others.
ASHA’s Advocacy Team
- David Schless, President & CEO
- Jeanne McGlynn Delgado, Vice President, Government Affairs
- Sheff Richey, Director, Government Affairs
- Stuart Chapman, ASHA Health Care Consultant, Thorn Run Partners
The ASHA Public Policy Committee, led by Michelle Kelly, National Health Investors Inc., is comprised of leaders in the industry who offer guidance, insight, and bring real-world experience to the table as policy initiatives are considered.
“ASHA is uniquely able to key in on issues impacting seniors and seniors housing and relate what we do in a positive manner. Seniors housing will play an important role in how care and services are delivered, and ASHA can help ensure that our industry has a seat at the table as important government policies are made.” – Jerrold H. Frumm, Vice Chair & CIO, Senior Lifestyle, 2018-2019 Public Policy Committee Chair.
ASHA’s 2024 Public Policy Committee
- Michelle Kelly, Public Policy Committee Chair, National Health Investors Inc.
- Ken Assiran, Capital Health Group
- Robb Chapin, Bridge Senior Living
- Donny Edwards, Sagora Senior Living
- Jerry Frumm, Senior Lifestyle
- Jeff Hettleman, Brightview Senior Living
- Lynne Katzmann, Juniper Communities
- Sevy Petras, Priority Life Care
- Shannon Rusk, Oppidan
- Tim Sanders, Ventas
- Deidre Schonfeldt, Hanson Bridgett LLP
- Christian Sweetser, Erickson Senior Living
- Bob Thomas, Senior Star