ASHA’s Advocacy Program
As the respected voice for the seniors housing industry, ASHA’s Government Affairs Team actively works to advance favorable policy positions in Congress. ASHA’s Government Affairs Team engages in efforts to educate Members of Congress about seniors housing on behalf of our owners/operations, resident and employees; as well as stands ready to influence key legislation that impacts our members such as tax reform, long term care financing, immigration reform to address labor shortages, health care delivery innovations in senior communities, housing finance reform and others.
ASHA’s Advocacy Team
- David Schless, President
- Jeanne McGlynn Delgado, Vice President, Government Affairs
- Sheff Richey, Manager, Government Affairs
- Randolf H. Hardock, Esq., ASHA Tax Counsel, Davis & Harman
- Stewart Chapman, ASHA Health Care Consultant, Thorn Run Partners
The ASHA Public Policy Committee, led by 2020 Chairman Jerry Finis, Pathway to Living, is comprised of leaders in the industry who offer guidance, insight, and bring real-world experience to the table as policy initiatives are considered.
“ASHA is uniquely able to key in on issues impacting seniors and seniors housing and relate what we do in a positive manner. Seniors housing will play an important role in how care and services are delivered, and ASHA can help ensure that our industry has a seat at the table as important government policies are made.” – Jerrold H. Frumm, Vice Chair & CIO, Senior Lifestyle, 2018-2019 Public Policy Committee Chair.
ASHA’s 2020 Public Policy Committee
- Jerry Finis, Chair, Pathway to Living
- Phil Anderson, Bridge Seniors
- Ken Assiran, Capital Health Group
- Donny Edwards, Sagora Senior Living
- Jerry Frumm, Senior Lifestyle
- Paul Gordon, Hanson Bridgett LLP
- Richard Hutchinson, Discovery Senior Living
- Lynne Katzmann, Juniper Communities
- Susan Kayser, Duane Morris LLP
- Michelle Kelly, National Health Investors Inc.
- Bob Thomas, Senior Star
- Joe Weisenburger, Welltower